Force Xcode SDK instead of CLI SDK?

Aaron Madlon-Kay amake at macports.org
Fri Nov 20 22:30:35 UTC 2020

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 11:47 PM Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
> Unfortunately it isn't really. The result of not using an SDK matching
> your OS version is that autoconf (and cmake etc.) detects functions that
> aren't available at runtime, causing crashes because checking for
> weak-linked symbols is very uncommon in the world outside of Mac-centric
> developers.

Pardon my ignorance: We're talking about a `use_xcode yes` port
(presumably built with xcodebuild); are autoconf and cmake going to be
a problem? (I actually don't know if xcodebuild uses these under the
hood or something.)

If the problem is then that vendored dependencies might be built with
autoconf or cmake, would it make sense to have something like a
`use_xcode_only yes` flag, to allow ports that *don't* have such deps
and are Mac-centric to opt into the behavior?

Thanks,
Aaron