port "cask" -- installing prebuilt binaries

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 15:38:35 UTC 2020

> On Oct 2, 2020, at 8:02 AM, Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Chris says put them in a category. Logical, but I don't know if most users would note that when trying to install them, as it is not perhaps obvious enough these are different beasts.

Also, it it is decided to go ahead with the idea of identifying these using only a category, I’m not certain how to handle the situation where the port can build on newer systems, but needs a prebuilt binary on older systems, and that line might move over time as newer systems become older and need the binary instead of building.