Hardcoding Xcode.app

Andrew Janke floss at apjanke.net
Fri Oct 9 20:14:42 UTC 2020

Just one data point here, but as a sometimes Mac developer, I need to
have multiple versions of Xcode installed side-by-side, and always
rename them to Xcode-<version>.app; there's no /Applications/Xcode.app
on my boxes. This isn't a standard thing, so on my system, `xcode-select
-p` is the only reliable way of locating my Xcodes. I think other devs
from the Homebrew side do the same thing, so you may have users in a
similar situation too.

I believe that calling `xcode-select -p` is the standard system-provided
way of locating Xcode and/or its related toolchain.

Cheers,
Andrew