Travis CI timeouts for MacPorts builds

Ralph Seichter ralph at ml.seichter.de
Mon Sep 7 18:25:19 UTC 2020

* Mojca Miklavec:

> It tries to install dependencies as binaries, provided the binaries
> are available.

Tries being the operative word here. ;-)

> We should figure out:
> - which dependencies time out
> - why they are not installed from (the private) binary package repository

I'm guessing that "we" means the devs who maintain the build config. If
I can assist, let me know, but I don't think it likely at this point.

At a glance, I'd expect a glib2 build from source to be quite a drag.
The various xorg-* ports might also take some time. I don't see why the
latter would be required, given that the build apparently did not use
the +emacs variant?

> Generally we mostly ignore Travis results, so there's no real reason
> to worry in your case.

If you ignore Travis results, why run Travis CI in the first place? I
suggest to either fix the underlying issue or remove Travis builds. That
would at least free up some server resources, for the benefit of other
projects which actually rely on their Travis builds.

-Ralph