Travis CI timeouts for MacPorts builds

Ralph Seichter ralph at ml.seichter.de
Tue Sep 8 17:11:20 UTC 2020

* Ryan Schmidt:

>> Tries being the operative word here. ;-)
>
> What are you trying to say?

Did I step on somebody's toes? I am saying that the build that concerns
me timed out setting up the dependencies. That, from my understanding,
means the dependencies were either unavailable in binary form, or that
the attempt to access said binary form failed. Hence my comment above,
in an attempt to make light of the situation, as the smiley indicates.

> We would need to see logs of the installation of the dependencies to
> know why they're taking so long, but I don't see any such logs, and
> don't know where or how that's happening or not happening.

That makes tackling the underlying issue difficult, of course.

> We don't "ignore Travis results".

Mojca Miklavec wrote (quote) "Generally we mostly ignore Travis results,
so there's no real reason to worry in your case.", which led me to
believe that you generally mostly ignore Travis results. How silly of
me. :-)

-Ralph