Apple ARM binary codesign issue

Jason Liu jasonliu at umich.edu
Tue Sep 22 20:55:52 UTC 2020

> I've read that number of duplicates is one of the ways they determine
> issue priority internally.

I can confirm that this is indeed supposed to be the case. Our Apple
engineering liaison at the university where I used to work as a sysadmin
frequently repeated this during our Apple developer meetings. These Apple
developer meetings were where the IT staff from various departments around
campus gathered once a month to discuss issues with the latest betas and
issues with software apps being used by faculty, staff, and students.

One of the main purposes of these meetings were to bring up potential bugs
in the betas, and to have as many of the meeting attendees go back and try
to duplicate the bug, and then report it. In fact, we even passed around
the titles of the bug reports to the mailing list, so that it could get
recorded as a duplicate of the same issue. Even better, if the original
person's bug report was lucky enough to get a bug report number in Apple's
Radar bug tracker, the Apple liaison would look it up and pass it along to
everyone at the meeting, so that we could reference the original bug report
(again, to increase the duplicate count).

--
Jason Liu