Desolate Condition

Wowfunhappy@gmail.com wowfunhappy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 00:21:58 UTC 2021

>> On 2021-1-27 02:57 , Andrew Janke wrote:
>> I didn't know that! I must be behind the times with the state of  MacPorts. Thanks for the update.
> About a decade behind -- the buildbot went live in 2011. ;)
> - Josh

I see this misconception all over the place, that Homebrew is fast because it uses prebuilt binaries, whereas MacPorts makes you wait while software is compiled. It can't just be due to outdated information, if we're more than a decade out from when the buildbot went live.

I know it's just one data point, but I thought the replies I got on this Hacker News comment today were interesting. I can understand why he/she got confused, and I wonder if there's anything MacPorts could do to make it clearer. https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=26678498