map download link to distname

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 5 20:17:04 UTC 2021

On Apr 5, 2021, at 14:43, Jonathan Stickel wrote:

> I'm working on updating the graphviz portfile.

Huh, I thought an update had already been submitted months ago.

> The new download link is:
>
> https://gitlab.com/graphviz/graphviz/-/package_files/8183714/download
>
> I can get Macports to download it by using:
>
> master_sites  https://gitlab.com/${name}/${name}/-/package_files/8183714
> distfiles     download
>
> But the download source file is named "download". How do I rename it to the proper source file name "graphviz-2.47.0.tar.gz"? Forgive me if it is obvious, but I couldn't find this information in the documentation or an example in another Portfile.

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/PortfileRecipes#fetchwithgetparams

However, I would expect that using the gitlab portgroup would set up the correct download URLs for you automatically. If it does not, improve the gitlab portgroup since this need is not unique to the graphviz port.