map download link to distname

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Apr 6 15:45:06 UTC 2021

On 06/04/2021 16.38, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> On 4/5/21 17:39, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> master_siteshttps://gitlab.com/graphviz/graphviz/-/package_files/${package_id}/download?dummy=
>>

> Thank you, this is the piece that I was missing. I was not familiar with URL
> query strings. Maybe this is something useful to include in
>
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/CommittersTipsAndTricks
>
> ? I can add something to the page and submit for review.

It is explained on the PortfileRecipes page that Ryan already linked earlier:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/PortfileRecipes#fetchwithgetparams

One problem is that this page is not visible enough. The documents for new
project members should have a link to that. I could not find any reference from
the guide either...

Rainer