Github CI Broken

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 12 18:17:59 UTC 2021

On Apr 12, 2021, at 11:53, Herby G wrote:

> PR checks are failing across multiple pull requests in macports-ports.
>
> On both Github Actions and Azure Pipelines, we're seeing the following when CI is trying to install MacPorts:
>
> > curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 403 Forbidden

It helpfully doesn't tell us what it was trying to fetch, but looking at

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/.github/azure-workflows/bootstrap.sh

or

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/.github/workflows/bootstrap.sh

I see that it's trying to download a custom MacPorts built for CI and the getopt package that we use, both from our BinTray account.

https://dl.bintray.com/macports-ci-env/macports-base/MacPorts-20.tar.bz2

https://dl.bintray.com/macports-ci-bot/getopt/getopt-v1.1.6.tar.bz2

It looks like this is part of a scheduled maintenance of the BinTray service.

https://status.bintray.com/incidents/4mzph0y8l6hk

> In progress
>
> Scheduled maintenance is currently in progress. We will provide updates as necessary.
>
> Posted 5 hours ago. Apr 12, 2021 - 13:00 UTC
>
> Scheduled
>
> Scheduled brown-out session to warn users about May 1st as sunset date for Bintray.
>
> Artifactory installations with remote repositories configured against JCenter, GoCenter and ChartCenter will not be affected by this sunset.
>
> We recommend that JFrog Cloud customers continue using jcenter.bintray.com, gocenter.io, and repo.chartcenter.io as Artifactory remote repositories going forward.
>
> JFrog self-hosted customers can also continue fetching from these repositories, but are encouraged to migrate to the canonical repositories.
>
> Additional details can be found at https://jfrog.com/blog/into-the-sunset-bintray-jcenter-gocenter-and-chartcenter/

Since the BinTray service will be going away for good on May 1 we will need a solution for this by then at the latest, and I'm not aware of any work being done toward that yet.

As a quick fix, we could put those files on our SourceForge account.