icu +universal on Darwin20+

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 21:29:57 UTC 2021

OK, everything is going smoothly, and I’m going to leave the icu port in this state for a while.

The only remaining issue I see is an old one — pkgdata has the archs stripped out of it’s inc file, so it will only generate one arch, even if icu is installed universal, when generating libraries of data.

If I leave the archs in the inc file, then it will generate the proper fat libraries, but (probably) anything that uses pkgdata and the muniversal PG will fail due to trying to lipo together two fat files.

I presume that either nothing uses pkgdata to generate libraries (likely), or if it does, it already uses the muniversal PG to do it.

That’s all then — update to icu coming out soon. That means dozens if not hundreds of ports to revbump against the new icu.

Ken