FileZilla: current version requires SDK 11

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Apr 22 06:43:28 UTC 2021

On Apr 21, 2021, at 10:55, Lothar Haeger wrote:

> Sorry for the long delay, busy times had me loose this topic out of sight a bit.
>
>> Would it help if we had a port in MacPorts that installed the macOS 11 SDK?
>
> I'm not sure about that, since I have XCode 12.4 (which afaik includes the latest SDK) installed on Catalina 10.15.7:

Yes, then you already have the macOS 11 SDK.

>> $ ls -l /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/
>> total 0
>> lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel  14 Mar 13 11:44 MacOSX.sdk -> MacOSX11.1.sdk
>> drwxr-xr-x 7 root wheel 224 Jun  7  2020 MacOSX10.14.sdk
>> drwxr-xr-x 8 root wheel 256 Mar 13 11:44 MacOSX10.15.sdk
>> drwxr-xr-x 7 root wheel 224 Mar 13 11:44 MacOSX11.1.sdk
>
> Nevertheless 'port build' fails and main.log starts with:
>
>> version:1
>> :debug:sysinfo macOS 10.15 (darwin/19.6.0) arch i386
>> :debug:sysinfo MacPorts 2.6.4
>> :debug:sysinfo Xcode 12.4
>> :debug:sysinfo SDK 10.15

This "SDK" is the SDK MacPorts wants to use. It does not indicate the SDK that actually exists on your system. If the SDK indicated here does not exist, it will use whatever SDK does exist.

> My guess is that the last of those line hints at the cause of the problems, i.e. port is not using the latest available SDK but the one matching the OS version.
>
>> Could FileZilla build using that on older systems?
>
> Is there a way to specify the SDK version to be used in a Portfile? If so, adding a dependency for an SDK port may help. If not, I do not see how SDK ports will change anything.

Since you already have the macOS 11 SDK, I agree that providing a port for the macOS 11 SDK would do nothing to help this situation.

It has been awhile since this thread has started and I forget the other details. If you are still having trouble building FileZilla, please file a bug report; I don't see any filed for FileZilla right now.