emacs-app-devel build fail on master not detected by buildbot

Aaron Madlon-Kay amake at macports.org
Thu Apr 22 14:05:34 UTC 2021

I proposed in a past PR to emacs-app-devel to use a modern git flag that lets you specify a depth based on commit date. That would be the “real” solution in the direction you’re going.

However it was rejected by the maintainer because he *wants* the current setup. If the port no longer builds because the referenced commit is more than 1,000 commits in the past, then the port is ripe for a bump. Increasing the depth or using a date-based strategy will just balloon the amount of data fetched.

So rather than increasing the depth to 3,000, I recommend you either:

- bump the commit to a recent one, or
- file a Trac ticket so that someone else is prompted to do so

Thanks,
Aaron