emacs-app-devel build fail on master not detected by buildbot

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Apr 22 23:58:01 UTC 2021

On Apr 22, 2021, at 18:22, Nathaniel W Griswold wrote:

> So are you guys just gonna point to the new commit and otherwise keep it the same? I think maybe it should change.

I'll just weigh in to say that the purpose of our buildbot setup (the way that it is currently conceived) is to build binary packages that are distributed to users when they install ports. The purpose of the buildbot is not to periodically rebuild ports to discover breakages.

In this case, the problem occurred because the maintainer of the port did not update it before it broke. The maintainer should get into the habit of updating the port before it breaks and/or the maintainer should set the fetch depth such that the port will not break before the next time they update the port.