Publicizing MacPorts

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Sat Apr 24 13:53:04 UTC 2021

Georges Martin <jrjsmrtn at gmail.com> wrote:

> - What if a port is not building on M1 because upstream is not ready yet? (libffi, openjdk16, ghc comes to mind)

The openjdk16 port in MacPorts indeed doesn’t support arm64 yet, because AdoptOpenJDK hasn’t released their arm64 version for macOS yet.

I have added openjdk*-zulu ports for Azul Zulu OpenJDK to MacPorts recently and Azul does already provide arm64 versions for macOS: https://www.azul.com/downloads/zulu-community/?os=macos&architecture=arm-64-bit&package=jdk <https://www.azul.com/downloads/zulu-community/?os=macos&architecture=arm-64-bit&package=jdk>

I can probably add arm64 versions for openjdk*-zulu when my Mac is back from getting a new screen (hopefully next week), although I won’t be able to test myself, because I don’t have an M1 machine. Feel free to send a PR for adding arm64 ports for Azul Zulu yourself if you can add and test them.

Nils.