MacPorts 2.7.0-beta1 now available for testing

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 25 17:25:50 UTC 2021

On Apr 25, 2021, at 11:57, Ken Cunningham wrote:

> Well, now I am a bit confused. I restarted the Tiger machine, and the problem is back:
>
> $ uname -a
> Darwin MacMini.local 8.11.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.11.1: Wed Oct 10 18:23:28 PDT 2007; root:xnu-792.25.20~1/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386
>
> $ which port
> /opt/local/bin/port
>
> $ port -v
> sqlite error: attempt to write a readonly database (1544) while executing query: ATTACH DATABASE '/opt/local/var/macports/registry/registry.db' AS registry
>     while executing
> "registry::open $db_path"
>     (procedure "mportinit" line 712)
>     invoked from within
> "mportinit ui_options global_options global_variations"
> Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Failed to initialize MacPorts, sqlite error: attempt to write a readonly database (1544) while executing query: ATTACH DATABASE '/opt/local/var/macports/registry/registry.db' AS registry
>
> $ sudo port -v
> MacPorts 2.6.99
> Entering shell mode... ("help" for help, "quit" to quit)
> [Users/cunningh] > quit
> Goodbye
>

> My apologies for not immediately understanding why it worked last night and not today.

I don't either just yet, but thanks for reporting it. This is why we do betas! :)

> As Josh says, perhaps this is my own cross to bear due to how I build MacPorts. I will try it on another Tiger system I have, PPC.

I think Josh was just explaining why he didn't see the problem before the release. Certainly since we have a configure option allowing you to choose a different SQLite we should make sure it works when using that to specify a newer SQLite.