GitHub CI Jobs Slower than Usual?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Apr 27 15:21:15 UTC 2021

On Apr 25, 2021, at 08:46, Christopher Nielsen wrote:

> Are the GitHub CI builds running much slower than usual? (At least, as compared to a few weeks ago.)
>
> Installing of dependencies, in particular, is taking several hours.
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts/insight?

Can you point me to a log of such a build?

The dependencies should be downloaded as packages from our servers. Distributable packages are downloaded as they would be for anybody else. Non-distributable packages are downloaded from a private server that only the CI systems have access to. If the CI system is not able to reach our private server for some reason, CI would need to build non-distributable packages from source, which could certainly take hours longer than downloading the binaries depending on what the dependencies are.