GitHub CI Jobs Slower than Usual?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Apr 27 16:38:54 UTC 2021

On Apr 27, 2021, at 11:36, Christopher Nielsen wrote:

> Ryan, from what I can see in the logs, qt5-qttools doesn’t appear to be building.
>
> It looks like the published binary is being fetched:
>
> --->  Fetching archive for qt5-qttools
> DEBUG: Executing org.macports.archivefetch (qt5-qttools)
> DEBUG: euid/egid changed to: 0/0
> DEBUG: chowned /opt/local/var/macports/incoming to macports
> DEBUG: euid/egid changed to: 502/501
> --->  qt5-qttools-5.15.2_0.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2 doesn't seem to exist in /opt/local/var/macports/incoming/verified
> --->  Attempting to fetch qt5-qttools-5.15.2_0.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/qt5-qttools
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
> 100 6121k  100 6121k    0     0  3082k      0  0:00:01  0:00:01 --:--:-- 3080k
> --->  Attempting to fetch qt5-qttools-5.15.2_0.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160 from https://packages.macports.org/qt5-qttools
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
> 100   512  100   512    0     0   3482      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  3459
>
> I’ve also spot-checked a few others, and they were also being installed from the published binary.
>
> That’s good, but it doesn’t account for why the process is taking so long.

That's a distributable archive so it gets downloaded from the public server which is available to everyone.

But some ports are not distributable so we store them on a private server that only CI has access to. I guess some of the dependencies of the ports your inquiring about are not distributable. I need to fix the list of who is allowed to access that private server so that CI can access it again.