openmpi-* subports, and publishing of binaries

Christopher Nielsen mascguy at rochester.rr.com
Tue Apr 27 23:15:57 UTC 2021

[My previous reply looks like it may be stuck in the mailman queue, and/or rejected. So re-sending with additional info.]

Well, the investigation is all on me, barring a definitive answer from someone more knowledgable.

But after a lot of scouring, I haven’t found anything in the OpenMPI documentation - or on the web in-general - that suggests binaries are tied to a build machine’s specific hardware.

So what I’m asking is, should we just go ahead and update openmpi-* to publish binaries?