MacPorts 2.7.0-beta1 now available for testing

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 03:53:52 UTC 2021

An observation:

When I first install MP, it appears I can execute “port -v” and simple non-sudo port commands without using sudo.

However, after the first time I use “sudo port ..”, something changes, and I must forever use “sudo port … “ after that.

Then, if I reinstall base again right over top of the old installation, once again I don’t have to use “sudo” — until I use “sudo port .. “ once, and then it’s back to only being able to use “sudo port .. “ again.

Ken