Haskell Stack Ports on Apple Silicon

Steven Smith steve.t.smith at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 15:58:02 UTC 2021

If the Macports-compiled stack runs on arm64, then the prebuilt download will too.

The issue as far as I can tell from the internet is that stack will generate x86_64 binaries, even if running on an M1. https://www.haskell.org/ghc/blog/20200515-ghc-on-arm.html

These x86_64 binaries should run on an M1.

If so, is the best approach to remove the supported_archs line from the stack Portfile, or add arm64?