Significant security vulnerability discovered in Log4j

Jason Liu jasonliu at umich.edu
Sat Dec 11 19:26:12 UTC 2021

On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 1:32 PM Eric Gallager <egall at gwmail.gwu.edu> wrote:

> so... is there anything to do about this in MacPorts?

There's probably nothing that can be done in terms of the MacPorts
packages. It's basically dependent on upstream developers to patch anything
that might be affected. It was more of a general warning to anyone on the
mailing list that might be running a web server.

...I don't think any of these are the same thing, are they?

Based on my googling, jakarta-log4j is some sort of wrapper that allows
Jakarta to use log4j, so it's quite possible that the jakarta-log4j package
is affected. Depending on how closely the C++ port follows the original
Java in the log4cxx package, it might also be affected; the same applies to
the log4perl packages.

--
Jason Liu