deleting -DNDEBUG added by cmake PG

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sat Dec 18 14:17:24 UTC 2021

Hi

> On 17 Dec 2021, at 12:14 am, Kurt Hindenburg <khindenburg at macports.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>   The cmake PG adds -DNDEBUG to various flags.  For the next release of ipbt I need to remove it.

Just curious but why ? Its usual to specify these flags in production releases builds, which by default is what macports provides.

>  The normal configure.*-delete do not seem to work.
> Does anyone have suggestions on how to do this?
>
> configure.cflags-append     -DNDEBUG
> configure.cxxflags-append   -DNDEBUG
>
> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/_resources/port1.0/group/cmake-1.1.tcl

Just enable by default in your port the debug variant

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/51edfec902a1281823f9dcd9fbaa48b44d62b29d/_resources/port1.0/group/cmake-1.1.tcl#L309

As effectively thats what you are wanting to do, provide a debug build by default.

Chris