Older buildbots "unable to create an executable file"

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 18:57:28 UTC 2021

> [same as above...]
> CMake Error at /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_bblocal_var_buildworker_ports_build_ports_multimedia_avidemux/avidemux/work/avidemux_2.7.6/cmake/admFFmpegBuild_helpers.cmake:283 (MESSAGE):
> configure output is </opt/local/bin/clang-mp-9.0 is unable to create an
> executable file.

avidemux builds it's own copy of ffmpeg, and doesn't use our MacPorts tweaks to do so.

This particular error is caused by it forcing the use of fsanitize on darwin builds.

On older systems, the santizers don't build, the santizer library is not found, and the fsantize option dies a horrible death.

Patching that out was easy.

But then there were other errors building the bundled ffmpeg that came after.

So I personally just pegged avidemux at the last version for now <https://github.com/kencu/SnowLeopardPorts/commit/99bc24c06e2299ba86d6845853eb6a93b8ac0f43 <https://github.com/kencu/SnowLeopardPorts/commit/99bc24c06e2299ba86d6845853eb6a93b8ac0f43>> and will circle back to that later.

In the long run, if avidemux used MacPorts' ffmpeg instead of the bundled ffmpeg, life will be much, much, much easier for us.

Best,

Ken