fun fact about ICU +universal

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Feb 16 02:23:50 UTC 2021

On Feb 15, 2021, at 07:42, Ken Cunningham wrote:

> Yeah, the real downside of the muniversal  PG is that once it has been chucked in to fix a build, for whatever reason it may have been once upon a time, convincing everyone you DON'T need it after that is much harder than if you never used it in the first place.

Ken, I don't like all this complaining. You brought up this thread because apparently you believe this portgroup is no longer needed in this port. If so, remove it, and take responsibility for fixing anything that breaks as a result. You already know this would cause an i386/ppc universal build to be wrong. You claim such a build is no longer possible anyway. In that case, ensure that the universal variant is not offered (or emits an error) in that situation.