Looking to resolve Qemu on AppleSilicon build failure

Blake Garner blake at netjibbing.com
Wed Feb 17 21:33:38 UTC 2021

I have been unsuccessfully trying to figure out how to resolve this issue
with qemu builds on AppleSilicon hardware.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/62116

My suspicion is that the build is not using the correct architecture when
setting up the include directories for part of the build. This is based on
some of the build log output. As noted in the ticket I was able to build
qemu on the same system outside of MacPorts so again that points me to some
of the configurations in the port.

Any suggestions on what to look for here? Seems like I should be able to
compare the output of the configure scripts to isolate differences between
the working and not working builds?

Thanks,
Blake