portfile:alpine, configure

Jerry jerryyhom at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 02:57:08 UTC 2021

Hello.  I am trying to update the alpine portfile.  The standalone
source compiles fine, as it usually has.  While testing the portfile on
my local repo, there is a build error[1], meaning that the SSL header
file is not found.  Checking the config log, it shows that the configure
command has only one argument for the prefix[2], but from the portfile,
it should have several arguments, including the relevant
"--with-ssl-dir=/opt/local".

I don't follow MacPorts closely enough to know all the ins and outs, but
any ideas why the configure args are missing?  Thanks for any tips.

[1]:
:info:build osdep.c:168:10: fatal error: 'x509v3.h' file not found
:info:build #include <x509v3.h>
:info:build          ^
:info:build 5 warnings and 1 error generated.

[2]:
It was created by alpine configure 2.24, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.69.  Invocation command line was

   $ ./configure --prefix=/opt/local