portfile:alpine, configure

Jerry jerryyhom at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 07:03:25 UTC 2021

On 1/4/21 7:35 PM, Joshua Root wrote:
> On 2021-1-5 13:57 , Jerry wrote:
>> Hello.  I am trying to update the alpine portfile.  The standalone
[...]
>> [2]:
>> It was created by alpine configure 2.24, which was
>> generated by GNU Autoconf 2.69.  Invocation command line was
>>
>>    $ ./configure --prefix=/opt/local
>
> Impossible to know for sure what the problem is without seeing the
> Portfile, but it looks like you may have accidentally cleared
> configure.args.
>
> - Josh

Okay thanks!  I fixed the problem.  In the process, I found that
Portfile keywords now require a preceding blank line, is this correct?

When I edit a portfile, I usually comment out a line and replace it on
the next line.  This practice was acceptable at least through macports
v2.6.2.  I guess the portfile parser was updated since then, although
from skimming the macports-base changelog, I do not see a related
commit.  Anyway, could the lint option check for this condition?