Github CI Issues

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jan 6 11:25:50 UTC 2021

On Jan 5, 2021, at 20:43, Herby G wrote:

> For the last few days, CI runs in Github under both Github Actions & Azure Pipelines have been failing because port is rebuilding every dependency for a given port from scratch for some reason.
>
> This is causing CI builds to take hours to build a port that builds in a fraction of the time as it is building every single dependency and sub-dependency.
> Ultimately most CI builds are timing out, failing, and some are failing even before they start (maybe due to unavailability of CI workers?).
>
> Not sure if this is already being discussed/dealt with elsewhere, but just a heads up.

Thanks for letting us know.

Looking in the CI logs, I don't see any attempts to download packages, it just goes directly to building from source.

I think this may have to do with the changes Josh was making to mpbb starting yesterday. I didn't fully read or try to understand all of the changes.

Maybe this commit fixed it; check more recent PRs:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/b3b512432f9f7d9212c85700e06a006caa6ebef0

(The PR would have to have been created from a branch after this commit to benefit from the fix.)