Rosetta2 and supported_archs

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Jan 12 11:48:46 UTC 2021

On 2021-1-12 12:38 , Craig Treleaven wrote:
> What was done during the PPC to Intel transition? Did we try to force all deps of a port to build with the same arch?

There was no supported_archs back then and no automatic adding of
+universal when a dependency doesn't have the right arch. Those features
were added in 2010 with 1.9.0. There wasn't even a build_arch setting;
that was added in 1.8.0, released in 2009. So everything just tried to
build normally and failed if the system arch wasn't supported.

Things are working much better this time, all in all. :-)

- Josh