Xcode error with cmake build of grpc

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 16:49:15 UTC 2021

> This kind of problem is the reason why I keep our Buildbot machines on a version of Xcode and command line tools that contains the SDK version matching the OS version.
The downside is all the newer software that should but won’t build on that system, and the fact that almost 100% of users are using the newer Xcode on their systems, so the buildbot doesn’t match MacPort’s users. Reproducible builds, all that.

I obviously know you quite sticky on this point, but…

You *could* install the newer Xcode and the older system-matching SDK and get the best of all worlds.