pdftk

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jan 23 06:38:10 UTC 2021

On Jan 21, 2021, at 02:04, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> Ken Cunningham wrote:
>> It builds on 10.4 to 10.14 at least; dunno about 10.15, although gcc5
>> seems to build there. Haven't tried.
>
> Doesn't work on my 10.15

Normally it would be helpful to provide more information. In this case we can see what the problem is from our build system:

https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.15_x86_64-builder/builds/48120/steps/install-port/logs/stdio

The error is:

gcj-mp-5: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault: 11 (program ecj1)

This error is tracked here:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/60037

I don't expect any fix since gcj is dead. Use pdftk-java on newer systems where pdftk can't be built.

> gcc5 OK on 10.15

Perhaps, but evidently not the gcj (java) part of gcc5.