OpenJDK ports incorrectly shown as 'green' for unsupported OS versions on ports.macports.org

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Sun Jan 24 13:36:29 UTC 2021

> On Jan 22, 2021, at 6:47 PM, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On 2021-1-23 09:40 , Craig Treleaven wrote:
>> The port watcher job therefore finished successfully even though no supports were actually built.  I believe this “successful” result is what is displayed on the port page you linked to.
>
> I haven't looked at the code for the web app in detail, but I think if the build has always been skipped for a port it should show as grey. There is another less-than-ideal behaviour however, where the port health indicator shows the status of the last build of the port on that platform, even if that build was not for the current version of the port.
>
> <https://github.com/macports/macports-webapp/issues/135>
>
> Of course it would be best to teach the web app about known_fail and display that information somehow.

Just to beat a dead horse a little more…

A port I’ve been working on (OpenShot) requires OS X 10.9 or later.  It also needs a non-default variant (py-pyqt5 +webkit).  So I can use 'known_fail yes’ on older OS versions and the active_variants portgroup to insist on the needed variant.  The upshot is that Port Health will show green for the older unsupported OS versions and red on the OS versions where the port can actually be built!

Craig