Desolate Condition

Marius Schamschula lists at schamschula.com
Tue Jan 26 15:54:28 UTC 2021

Andrew,

MacPorts provides pre-built packages for more macOS versions than Homebrew.

However, MacPorts is very careful not to provide packages where the upstream license prohibits us from doing so.

Other pre-built packages are not provided if they depend on said packages to be build by our buildbots.

Installing on my Mac using MacPorts is much faster than on my servers under FreeBSD where everything literally has to be build locally, as pre-built packages may be up three months out of date.