Desolate Condition

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Tue Jan 26 20:50:16 UTC 2021

Christopher Nielsen <mascguy at rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> One advantage that HomeBrew does have, though, is cachet: There are so many times when articles - or even organizations, such as Google - simply recommend using HomeBrew… with no mention of MacPorts.

I think it’s a great idea to always send pull requests to update upstream docs and readme files with installation instructions for MacPorts when you start maintaining a port. So, to all maintainers: take a look at the ports you maintain and whether the upstream docs and readme have installation instructions for MacPorts.

Nils.