Determine dependencies of another port

Haren Samarasinghe harens at macports.org
Thu Jul 15 10:26:31 UTC 2021

I'm trying to write an NPM portgroup, part of which involves setting the
correct version of npm and the corresponding version of nodejs as a
port's dependencies.

From some port A, how would I find if port B has C as a dependency? As
an example, how would I find out in the portgroup that npm4 goes with
nodejs8?

I thought about manually hardcoding it into the PG, but then this would
have to be regularly updated and could lead to conflicts if not done
properly. I also thought about setting npm/nodejs as path deps, but that
doesn't work when the port requires a newer node version.

Thanks.

--
Haren