INSTALL_PATH with spaces

janosch1 at mailbox.org janosch1 at mailbox.org
Fri Mar 5 20:12:21 UTC 2021

> Am 05.03.2021 um 18:52 schrieb David Strubbe <dstrubbe at macports.org>:
>
> Did you try putting quotation marks around it, like {"/users/janosch/Library/Application Support/MacPass"} ?

I just tried this now:
set appsupport {"/users/janosch/Library/Application Support/MacPass“}
and
INSTALL_PATH=$appsupport

By doing it like that the variable INSTALL_PATH is not recognized anymore. The port installs into /Library/Application Support/MacPass.

For some reason macports puts braces around the whole expression {INSTALL_PATH=…} I guess this is the reason the Variable is not recognized anymore.

From the logs:
Build settings from command line:
    ARCHS = x86_64
    CLANG_CXX_LIBRARY = libc++
    CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = -
    CODE_SIGN_STYLE = Manual
    DSTROOT = /opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_janosch_Dev_macports-ports_security_MacPassHTTP/MacPassHTTP/work/destroot
    ENABLE_HARDENED_RUNTIME = NO
    FRAMEWORK_SEARCH_PATHS = /opt/local/Library/Frameworks
    GCC_VERSION = com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0
    HEADER_SEARCH_PATHS = /opt/local/include/MacPass
    MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = 11.2
    OBJROOT = /opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_janosch_Dev_macports-ports_security_MacPassHTTP/MacPassHTTP/work/MacPassHTTP-0.3.2/build/
    SDKROOT = /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk
    SYMROOT = /opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_janosch_Dev_macports-ports_security_MacPassHTTP/MacPassHTTP/work/MacPassHTTP-0.3.2/build/
    {INSTALL_PATH = /users/janosch/Library/Application Support/MacPass}