11_x86 build - build failures due to 'no space on device'

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 23 16:23:02 UTC 2021

Hi,

Great, thanks. As it happens I’ve been working on the bazel builds a bit, and discovered an option to disable local build caching. To quote the manual

--[no]use_action_cache <https://docs.bazel.build/versions/master/user-manual.html#flag--use_action_cache>
This option is enabled by default. If disabled, Bazel will not use its local action cache. Disabling the local action cache saves memory and disk space for clean builds, but will make incremental builds slower.

As the ‘incremental’ build option is not an issue for MacPorts, as builds are always started afresh with an empty cache, enabling this does not help us at all, and just uses resources. So I will turn this off.

Chris