Ports updated without maintainer notification?

Jason Liu jasonliu at umich.edu
Fri May 7 06:59:32 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I've run across a situation that has left me confused. I started updating
some of the portfiles for which I'm the maintainer, and then I noticed that
the portfiles seem to have already been updated in git. However, I can't
find any PRs for such an update, and I was never notified that the ports
for which I'm the maintainer was getting updated... usually, if someone
submits a PR for a portfile for which I'm the maintainer, I get a
notification through GitHub.

In addition, I have run a "port selfupdate" on my machine, and yet the
MacPorts on my machine isn't seeing the new version of the port. Is
something broken, either on my machine, or on GitHub?

--
Jason Liu