Ports updated without maintainer notification?

Jason Liu jasonliu at umich.edu
Fri May 7 16:02:55 UTC 2021

> If your ports are marked openmaintainer, that gives permission to others
> to make minor modifications to your ports without notifying you. Not all
> changes happen via PRs; some are committed directly to master.

Does this mean that it's okay to have ports with only myself as maintainer?
When I started submitting my first ports around a year ago, I was told that
I should always add openmaintainer in addition to myself.

If you let us know specifically which ports, we could take a look.

The ports are osl, oidn, and embree.

> In addition, I have run a "port selfupdate" on my machine, and yet the
>> MacPorts on my machine isn't seeing the new version of the port. Is
>> something broken, either on my machine, or on GitHub?
>>

> If your MacPorts is configured to get ports via rsync, it can take an hour
> for changes to propagate from git to the main rsync server, and up to a day
> longer for changes to propagate from there to other rsync mirrors.

OSL in particular appears to be a problem on my machine. I've copied the
newer version of the portfile directly to my local machine, and tried to
build it, but it's failing to build because osl is indirectly dependent on
opencolorio (by way of openimageio), and apparently there's a new problem
with either opencolorio or openimageio:

:info:build dyld: Symbol not found:
__ZN4YAML6detail9node_data12empty_scalarE
:info:build   Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libOpenColorIO.1.dylib
:info:build   Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libyaml-cpp.0.6.dylib
:info:build  in /opt/local/lib/libOpenColorIO.1.dylib
:info:build /bin/sh: line 1: 34490 Trace/BPT trap: 5
:info: build
opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_jasonliu_ports_graphics_osl/osl/work/build/bin/oslc
-q
-I/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_jasonliu_ports_graphics_osl/osl/work/OpenShadingLanguage-1.11.13.0/src/shaders
-I/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_jasonliu_ports_graphics_osl/osl/work/OpenShadingLanguage-1.11.13.0/src/shaders
-I/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_jasonliu_ports_graphics_osl/osl/work/OpenShadingLanguage-1.11.13.0/src/shaders
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_jasonliu_ports_graphics_osl/osl/work/OpenShadingLanguage-1.11.13.0/src/shaders/emitter.osl
-o
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_jasonliu_ports_graphics_osl/osl/work/build/src/shaders/emitter.oso

--
Jason Liu