Buildbot Performance

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon May 17 06:55:28 UTC 2021

I'm not an ESXi expert but after a quick look through some of their documentation it looks like there's an `esxtop` command that can show some information. More info here: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1005362 (some google searches seem to indicate that when the oversubscription is a problem, it's usually because ESXi is waiting for 'enough' cores to be available to start all of the vCPUs - and that this used to be much worse in older ESXi versions, but can still be a problem). This post also has information that looks useful: https://www.heroix.com/blog/vmware-vcpu-over-allocation/

--
Daniel J. Luke