Buildbot Performance

Christopher Nielsen mascguy at rochester.rr.com
Mon May 17 23:32:43 UTC 2021

Hmmm, perhaps I responded a bit too quickly, as there can be some performance benefit to pinning to a specific NUMA node (CPU socket). Particularly if our VMs were only running with only four vCPUs each.

So to qualify my statement: Given the configuration we’re running - VMs with eight vCPUs/each, along with significant CPU overcommitment - I wouldn’t recommend using pinning.