llvm-9.0 on 10.6.8 shows red -- but it builds

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue May 18 05:44:06 UTC 2021

On 2021-5-18 15:15 , Ken Cunningham wrote:
> People are quoting
> <http://tenfourfox.blogspot.com/2021/04/tenfourfox-fpr32b1-available.html#comment-form
> <http://tenfourfox.blogspot.com/2021/04/tenfourfox-fpr32b1-available.html#comment-form>>
>   the lack of llvm-9.0 for SnowLeopard on macports as a sign of the
> demise of older systems, and it does for some reason show red here:
>
> https://ports.macports.org/port/llvm-9.0/builds
> <https://ports.macports.org/port/llvm-9.0/builds>
>
> but it builds fine, along with most later llvms and all of the earlier
> ones, and it exists on the packages server in all archs:
>
> http://packages.macports.org/llvm-9.0/llvm-9.0-9.0.1_1+emulated_tls.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2
> <http://packages.macports.org/llvm-9.0/llvm-9.0-9.0.1_1+emulated_tls.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2>
>
> http://packages.macports.org/llvm-9.0/llvm-9.0-9.0.1_1+emulated_tls.darwin_10.i386.tbz2
> <http://packages.macports.org/llvm-9.0/llvm-9.0-9.0.1_1+emulated_tls.darwin_10.i386.tbz2>
>
> http://packages.macports.org/llvm-9.0/llvm-9.0-9.0.1_1+emulated_tls+universal.darwin_10.i386-x86_64.tbz2
> <http://packages.macports.org/llvm-9.0/llvm-9.0-9.0.1_1+emulated_tls+universal.darwin_10.i386-x86_64.tbz2>
>
> If anyone knows how to make the ports.macports.org
> <http://ports.macports.org> website show it in green, that would be
> appreciated.

The status indicator isn't very sophisticated, it simply shows the
success or failure of the last build it knows about for the port on that
platform. If you click on the Build Information tab, you can see that
indeed the last known build on 10.6 failed (due to dependencies
failing). For whatever reason, the later build that obviously succeeded
is not in the database.

There are a number of improvements to the display that have been
suggested, e.g.
<https://github.com/macports/macports-webapp/issues/135>, and I think
some of them are implemented in the updated version of the web app
which, last I heard, Arjun and Mojca are working to deploy.

- Josh