Help wanted from Mojave users

Andrew Janke floss at apjanke.net
Sun May 23 04:53:42 UTC 2021

On 5/22/21 11:08 PM, Joshua Root wrote:
> Could someone with a 10.14 system running an Xcode version that
> defaults to building against the 10.15 SDK please try installing the
> tip of the release-2.7 branch on top of a MacPorts 2.6.4 installation?
> Report the results in the comments here:
> <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/62929>
>
> A speculative fix has been checked in, but it has yet to be confirmed
> to fix the issue by someone who experienced it "in the wild". I'd like
> to get a new release with the fix onto rsync ASAP so nobody else
> selfupdates to a broken state, but confirmation of the fix is needed
> first.
>
> - Josh

I have a 10.14.6 VM running Xcode 11.3.1 prepped to test this; results
coming soon.

Minor issue while trying to find a MacPorts 2.6.4 installer: The "our
packaged downloads" link in the "Installing MacPorts" section of
https://www.macports.org/install.php, pointing to
https://github.com/macports/macports-base/releases/download/v2.7.0/, is
404. Is this just because the 2.7.0 release has been yanked or
something? Or maybe GitHub has changed the URL pattern here?

I think I found the 2.6.4 installer by going to
https://github.com/macports/macports-base/releases/ instead.

Cheers,
Andrew