Apple Clang and port:libomp

Jason Liu jasonliu at umich.edu
Wed Nov 10 22:08:05 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I feel like I should already know the answer to this question, but my brain
is too tired at the moment to try to dig it out from my memory banks.

If a MacPorts build is using Apple Clang, then does that mean that it will
be unable to see port:libomp for OpenMP support? I've got a port that I'm
working on that is giving the following messages:

:info:configure -- Could NOT find OpenMP_C (missing: OpenMP_C_FLAGS
OpenMP_C_LIB_NAMES)
:info:configure -- Could NOT find OpenMP_CXX (missing: OpenMP_CXX_FLAGS
OpenMP_CXX_LIB_NAMES)
:info:configure -- Could NOT find OpenMP (missing: OpenMP_C_FOUND
OpenMP_CXX_FOUND)

(Note: I do already have depends_lib-append port:libomp in my Portfile.)

Does this mean that I need to blacklist Apple Clang in order for the build
to be able to see libomp? Or is there something like a PortGroup that I'm
missing?

--
Jason Liu