upgrade to openssl 3.0.0

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 18:42:51 UTC 2021

All the pythons build against openssl 3.0.0, so that python issue with all it's trail-down conflicts will disappear with the upgrade and python revbump.

A very very large % of ports do as well (and those that don't now soon will, as everyone moves to openssl 3.0.0 as the default, which homebrew did pretty much the second openssl 3 came out).

So I am hoping that this upgrade is the beginning of the end of this particular PITA for all of us.

Ken