get a compiler version?

Sergey A. Osokin osa at freebsd.org
Wed Oct 6 01:34:27 UTC 2021

Thanks for the reply, Ryan!

On Tue, Oct 05, 2021 at 05:55:19PM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Oct 3, 2021, at 16:02, Sergey A. Osokin wrote:

> >> Removing use of -Werror (for all ports) is the preferable solution here.
> >> That's a good flag for the upstream developers to use so they have to
> >> fix warnings, but all it does for our users is cause unnecessary build
> >> failures.
> >
> > Wel, that's definitely good idea for perl and ruby developers to do
> > that, but in case of NGINX Unit I'd prefer to use more granular
> > solution, i.e. enable -Wno-compound-token-split-by-macro for clang13.
>
> Presumably if you add -Wno-compound-token-split-by-macro to configure.cflags
> that will cause problems for older compilers that don't understand that
> option.

That's definitely true, and that's exactly why I asked how can I do that
for a specific version of a compiler.

> If so, then the MacPorts-approved solution is: remove -Werror, as Josh
> said. We do not want it in ports.

That's been done.  Also, I've just updated the Portfile with your
suggestions about the configure.args and maintainer fields.
Azure pipelines (macOS-10.14) is failed with unclear reasons,
https://dev.azure.com/macports/macports-ports/_build/results?buildId=17229&view=results

--
Sergey Osokin