Problems with configure on revived HandBrake port

Janosch Peters ext at janoschpeters.de
Sat Oct 30 09:54:37 UTC 2021

I am trying to revive the HandBrake port:
https://github.com/Janosch/macports-ports/blob/handbrake-update/multimedia/HandBrake/Portfile

It currently fails while trying to probe for xcodebuild:

version probe: xcodebuild 10.3.0...(fail) 0.0.0
     Command failed: cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_janosch_Dev_macports-ports_multimedia_HandBrake/HandBrake/work/HandBrake-1.4.2-source"
&& ./configure --prefix=/opt/local

The strange thing is, if I run this command manually, it works:

     cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_janosch_Dev_macports-ports_multimedia_HandBrake/HandBrake/work/HandBrake-1.4.2-source"
&& ./configure --prefix=/opt/local
     version probe: xcodebuild 10.3.0...(pass) 12.4

I don't know what could be the cause of this behavior. The configure
script is a bash script calling a python script. I also don't know how I
can debug this, as running the command manually works.

Any ideas?

- Janosch