Warning: The macOS 12 SDK does not appear to be installed. Ports may not build correctly.

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Sat Oct 30 21:25:37 UTC 2021

Hello all,

Today I upgraded my personal machine from macOS Big Sur to Monterey and I installed the Monterey version of MacPorts, and upgraded all my installed ports, which reinstalled them for Darwin 21.

I also see get this message very frequently when running `port` commands:

----
Warning: The macOS 12 SDK does not appear to be installed. Ports may not build correctly.
Warning: You can install it as part of the Xcode Command Line Tools package by running `xcode-select --install’.
----

When I run `xcode-select --install` I get:

----
xcode-select: error: command line tools are already installed, use "Software Update" to install updates
----

But I indeed don’t seem to have an SDK for macOS 12:

----
~ ❯ ls -l /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs
total 0
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   14 12 mei 18:37 MacOSX.sdk -> MacOSX11.3.sdk
drwxr-xr-x  7 root  wheel  224 17 aug  2020 MacOSX10.14.sdk
drwxr-xr-x  8 root  wheel  256  1 feb  2021 MacOSX10.15.sdk
drwxr-xr-x  7 root  wheel  224 16 mrt  2021 MacOSX11.3.sdk
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   14 12 mei 18:35 MacOSX11.sdk -> MacOSX11.3.sdk
----

So far I haven’t had any ports not building correctly. Is this a known issue? Does it have a known solution?

Nils.