PR 14427: 10.14 tester wanted

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Apr 5 04:55:04 UTC 2022

On 2022-4-5 09:33 , Fred Wright wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Apr 2022, Fred Wright wrote:
>
>> Meanwhile, it looks like the update was already pushed, since I had to
>> fight the port command's refusal to honor -s during further testing.
>> It seems that an explicit clean is needed to make -s work, in spite of
>> the two alleged cleans during the uninstall.
>
> Actually, it doesn't look like the update was pushed, so maybe the -s is
> ignored when the binary archive already exists locally.

The -s option should never be ignored AFAIK, but depending on the action
you are using and the current state, it may be considered a noop with or
without -s (like 'port install' when the port is already installed, or
'port destroot' when the statefile already shows the destroot phase as
completed.)

- Josh